Thursday 31 January 2013

Time to go home

The next morning I wake up bright and early I was really struggled sleeping beside Marwuan all the beds we were staying in were single beds so it was always a tight fit I was used having a queen size bed to myself back home. I got out of bed and kissed Marwuan on the forehead he tried to pull me back into bed but I wanted to get back to my room before Mel woke up. Back in my room Mel was still asleep so I jumped into my bed and fell asleep for another hour.

When we both woke up Mel was still feeling ill she was sticking to her guns and not leaving the motel room today she was going to do a bit of reading and watch a little television but mostly catch up on sleep as she did not get much in Dahab she was out most nights to early hours of the morning drinking and dancing, she wanted to be refreshed for when she got back to Melbourne and back to work. I told Mel everything that was spoken about between Marwuan and I the night before she was amazed that I had committed into a long distance relationship with someone that I had only known for two weeks. She tried to reason with me about the difficulty and asked all the questions that I had been asking myself. A lot of the questions I yet did have the answers to give I told her that I was just going to go with the flow and take it a day at a time and if it did not work out then I can say at least I gave it a go. Mel didn't believe that the relationship between Marwuan and I would last a few weeks but that was her opinion I took what she said on board but it did not make me change my mind I wanted to see where this could go.

After a few hours of hanging out in the room I got a call on the room phone it was Marwuan he had just woken up and was wondering what our plans were for the day. I told him that Mel was not leaving her room today so I was free all day to do whatever he had planned. He asked me to come to his room and he would call his mum once I got there to confirm the lunch that he spoke about the night before. Again I snuck through the halls of the Indiana hotel to Marwuans room. Like the previous day all the staff I passed was too busy playing on their phones to notice where I was going No wonder the hotel looked so run down the staff never did anything. Marwuan called his mum but unfortunately she was working today but could do tomorrow instead. This was not possible for me as Mel and I were leaving tomorrow late afternoon also Marwuan had to go to his office tomorrow to meet his manager because we was meeting a new group tonight to start another tour. The look of disappointment on Marwuans face said it all it really meant a lot to him for me to meet his family. Secretly I felt relieved I was not ready to meet his parents yet but I did not want to hurt his feelings.

"What would you like to do today?" Marwuan asked. "Would you like to go out for lunch somewhere or go look at any sites around the city?" I thought about it and like Mel I was also exhausted and over site seeing "Would you mind if we just stayed here for the day?” It was my last full day in Cairo and all I wanted to do was stay in and have Marwuan to myself and not share him with anyone else in the world. "That sounds perfect "he replied. So for the rest of the day we spent it in bed talking about our past and our future dreams laughing at each other's silly stories and every so often getting tangled in the sheets with each other. The day was fantastic much better than any site seeing. We didn't know what the future held for us but we were with each other now and we were going to make the most of it.

At 8pm Marwuan had to go upstairs to meet his new group so I made my way back to check in on Mel she was not alone Ben was hanging out with her like Mel he had also a tummy bug so the both of them spent the day watching movies on Bens laptop. I was going to catch up with Marwuan after the meeting and asked them if they wanted to join us on the roof for a drink but as I expected they declined Ben was leaving that night and Mel still in her PJ's was not moving.

Marwuan called when he was finished with the meeting he was taking the group to the pizza place around the corner for something to eat and asked if I wanted to join them. I was starving so I accepted. Meeting the new group was strange because I got to see the people that would be spending the next two weeks with Marwuan. When I was introduced he introduced me as his girlfriend and told them i was Australian so straight away I go bombarded with questions. I didn't tell them that I had only met him two weeks ago i said that we had know each other for ages but I just joined Marwuan on his last tour. They all seemed to believe my story.

After dinner Marwuan and I went up to the roof we were meeting one of Marwuans best friends he was coming to join us for a drink and bring some exported vodka. Again I was introduced as Marwuans girlfriend. Hearing it this time did not sound strange to me I liked the way it sounded. Sammy was the name of Marwuans friend and like Marwuan he was a tour leader. Marwuan kept getting called off by his new group members during the time Marwuan was away Sammy started throwing the 100 questions my way. Answering them all the best of my ability apparently I won him over i later found out by Marwuan.

The next morning Marwuan woke up before me he had to go down to the lobby to meet his new group. Today was the day I had been dreading for the last week I got up and went up to my room. Mel was feeling better and was packing her bag; we were to get a taxi to the airport in a few hours. I sat on my bed looking through my camera at all the new memories I had made over the last two weeks I called Mel over and we looked through them again together laughing at all the photos. It was an amazing two and half weeks but now time to head back to reality. After packing my bag we checked out of the hotel i met Marwuan in the lobby it was time to say goodbye. We went out to the street and held each other tight for the longest time I could not hold back the tears anymore there was a massive lump in my throat no matter how many times I swallowed I could not get rid of it. My body was trembling I looked up at Marwuan he was not crying as much as me but there were tears in his eyes. I turned around and Mel was standing there she was also now crying. "Look at us anyone would think someone just died" I said laughing while crying at the same time. Marwuan now was jumping in a taxi he had to go meet his manager at the office. I couldn't watch him drive off I had to look away Mel was holding my hand. Would I really ever see him again?

My phone was going crazy text message after text message all from Marwuan. Telling me not to be sad and then the next one said he was now crying his eyes out in the taxi the next one a minute later telling me to tell him when we are in a taxi on the way to the airport. They just kept coming I didn't have time to reply before another message would come through. Mel and I still had an hour to kill before we had to leave for the airport so we went for a walk near the hotel to find somewhere to have lunch.

When in the taxi to the airport I texted Marwuan and said I was on my way. The whole way to the airport I was reminiscing the time I had spent with Marwuan the tears kept flowing. We reached our terminal and as soon as I looked towards it Marwuan is standing there with a big smile on his face. What was he doing here? I put my backpack on and ran over to him. "What are you doing here?' He said he couldn't let me leave the country without giving me one last kiss. Butterflies took over my stomach. He came into the terminal with Mel and I and did not leave until we went through the check in gate. The whole time he held my hand so tight that I could not feel my fingers. This time when we said goodbye it was not as hard because something in my heart told me that no matter how difficult the next six months would be we would work it out because we truly loved each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment